Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Snowflake

Ever since Titus died almost a year ago and Optimus didn't work out, we have been kicking the idea around of getting another dog.  We wanted to wait until after the big trip out to Nebraska was over. 
Well, that was over and school had started so I started looking.  There is an animal rescue place not too far from us that had some dogs we liked.  Little did I know that we wouldn't be bringing any of those home. 
They showed us a total of three dogs that they thought would be good for our family.  Nathan really didn't like the first two but he fell in love with this one.  So....who am I too break his heart.  This is Snowflake...mostly because she is all white expect for her face. 
She's a mutt.  I think she has some hound dog in her and some boxer.  She is about 1 year old, around 40 pounds and it's like we have a baby all over again :-)  The main thing is she likes to chew on the kids toys....but we'll break her of that habit. 
Of course after we named her I realized she looks very similar to Nathan's favorite stuffed animal, Wishbone, but by that time the name had stuck and he didn't want to change it :-)  Snowflake it is!!!  (also, after i typed this i realized i referred to 'her' as a 'him' the entire time and had to correct it.   I've never had a girl dog; now Nathan and I are outnumbered in the house) 

No comments: